Mainers All-Leather Mitts
Mainers All-Leather Mitts
- High-quality full-grain leather for optimal wind resistance
- Durable, water-repellent all-leather exterior backed by a waterproof insert
- More insulation than any other snow mitten on the consumer market
- Made in Maine by the same folks who protect NASA, the U.S. military, CDC, and NATO from extreme cold
- Waterproof GORE-TEX® insert
- All-natural, full-grain, soft goatskin leather exterior provides enhanced wind-resistance, grip and flexibility in extreme cold
- Moisture-wicking, Polartec® power grid™ and synthetic 3M™ insulated interior keeps you warm and dry
- Super soft, Protec® premium microfleece lining for maximum comfort
- Easy-closure hardware ensures a solid seal from the elements
- Extra-long drawstring gauntlet fits easily over jacket sleeves to keep snow out
- Removable elastic wrist strap leashes
- 100% handcrafted in Maine
- Made with 95% U.S.-sourced materials and components
- Outer Layer: 88% nylon, 12% spandex, goat leather
- Insulation: 65% polyolefin, 35% polyester
- Liner: 100% ePTFE
- Lining (hand): 100% polyester, 93% polyester, 7% spandex
- Lining (cuff): 100% nylon
- Snowmobile mittens
- Ski mittens
- Snowshoe mittens
- Ice climbing mittens
- Fat bike mittens
- All-purpose snow mittens for extreme winter use
- Mitts are unisex
Need help finding your size? Check out our guide here.
Take it for a Spin
Our all-leather mitts strike the perfect balance of warmth and dexterity with improved wind resistance and durability, whether you're cutting through powder or digging your car out of the driveway.
Extreme Cold Protection
By sheltering all four fingers in the same waterproof, heavily insulated space, Mainers all-leather mitts keep you warm in the harshest conditions. The flexible materials and anatomically optimized construction provide a freedom of movement other snow mittens can’t touch.
Combining a durable water-repellent full-grain leather with a waterproof and breathable interior membrane ensures that the insulation inside works, no matter how wet the outside.
Lightweight and flexible–yet built to take a beating. Made with the highest-quality materials, these waterproof mitts can handle the harshest winters and are designed for long-lasting wear.
From the goatskin leather to the GORE-TEX® liner, we source the very best materials to make Mainers. That's why we're pleased to share that every pair comes complete with pulls from fellow Maine company Sterling Rope. Sterling is a legendary rope manufacturer trusted by tens of thousands of climbers, arborists, and rescue professionals around the world to keep them safe every day. We're proud to feature them in our products.
So tired of my hands freezing in Idaho's Panhandle.These are expensive but worth every penny.No doubt they can handle any cold weather situation.
Nicely made , comfortable, well fitting mitts. They seem very warm but haven’t yet had any really cold weather to test them.
The mitts arrived on the date promised. All leather, size XL. The quality of materials and craftsmanship are both excellent. The leather is soft and supple and would require no break-in time. Even on sale, they are over the top expensive but I was willing to pay for American made. I would not have even considered them at full price. The cons are, I have large muscular hands and even the XL's are too tight for me through the thumb all the way down to the palm. The afternoon I gave them a test on a 45 minute walk, it was 23 degree F and my thumbs were quite cold. The other miss for me is the cuff opening; while larger than average, it's still too small to fit over a thick winter jacket such as a snowmobile jacket. In order for the mitts to work for me they would need to be at least 12-15% larger overall. Unfortunately they will be coming back to you for a refund.
Excellent mittens! We’ll made, extremely comfortable and warm
Perfect in every way.